Monday, January 23, 2017

3-900 compulsory blog post

Hello Again Dearest Reader,

Due to unfortunate illness I was unable to be in class last Wednesday so I have yet to do the network by hand however here is my poor attempt at doing on in project







I am by no means proficient in Microsoft Project at this time however I hope this improves. I would say this network is reasonably sensitive. There's more than one prescribed course path to get a degree but its still pretty restricted.

As to the addition of corequisites, I would say that I would first try to become more proficient in project so I can utilize the tools available to me.

Hand made v. Computer Generated Schedule, I prefer hand made at this point. I'm not familiar enough to be comfortable using scheduling programs yet. My preferred technique for project scheduling is getting the relevant people around a table and using a white board to get everybody on the same page and figure out when stuff needs to be done.

My biggest takeaways from today's readings really were understanding prerequisites in scheduling. Construction management honestly seems like glorified cat herding with various disparate contractors and subcontractors making sure that at no time the cart is put before the horse.

I think the litigious nature of construction is somewhat of an annoyance that will continue into the future. As costs, particularly labor and insurance, continue to rise delays will become costlier and as such people will have even more impetus for pursuing compensation through legal action

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that I complete a blog post reflection about your blog! If you're interested, feel free to visit my blog: http://introtoconstruction.blogspot.com/ -- 04-900 Blog Reflection.

    ReplyDelete