Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Welcome to the 14th Street Backshop

Hi Everybody!

So you may be wondering why does this exist and why am I sharing my often rambling thoughts and creations with the world. Long story short this blog serves two purposes. For my construction engineering class I need to have a blog and also I will be documenting my engineering work on the Como Turntable with it! So welcome to a world of required coursework intertwined with antiquated engineering acts (mild alliteration is a habit sorry)

Why is it called the 14th Street Backshop? In railroading a backshop is where major maintenance goes on. Typically it is a shop in back of the roundhouse or in back of something, ere go the name. We persons of a railroad persuasion are a creative bunch. The 14th Street comes from my address, I live on 14th street, again with that whole being creative thing.

Welcome, welcome all. If you are a construction engineering student engaged in coursework or a railfan looking at my work, welcome.

Leighton Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment